GHC’s “Clean Birth Kit” Program:
One Kit can Save TWO Lives: Mother & Baby
Consider these statistics:
- 4.5 million infants die each year
- Over 303,000 mothers die each year giving birth
- Nine out of 10 of these deaths are preventable
- 99% of these deaths occur in developing countries
- A women’s lifetime risk of maternal death is 1 in 3,700 in a developed country, versus 1 in 160 in underdeveloped countries.
There are many factors involved, but one of the main causes of high neonatal and maternal mortality is infection. GHC Clean Birth Kits contain clean birthing supplies for women and babies giving birth in under-resourced countries, many of whom deliver at home due to distance, poverty, and/or cultural norms.
GHC’s Clean Birth Kits ensure that mother and baby have a clean birth, whether birthing alone at home, at home with a traditional birth attendant (TBA), or in a clinic with a midwife or TBA.
GHC kits include:
- One 2 oz. bar of wrapped soap
- Two pairs of non-latex disposable gloves
- Five squares of gauze
- Antiseptic wipes
- One single-edged razor blade in cardboard
- Three 10″ pieces of string
- One plastic sheet (3’ x 3’)
- One infant hat
- One 30” x 30” receiving blanket
- One full/color birth pictorial
Your donation can save lives! Consider making a donation (kit cost of $10 includes full Clean Birth Kit, plus transport expenses from the U.S. to country, and then to community in need):
- $10 provides one kit
- $30 provides three kits
- $60 provides six kits
- $120 provides 12 kits
- $240 provides 24 kits
Consider a tax-deductible donation that will can safe a life:
If you are interested in learning more about this program, please contact Patricia Williams or Susan McAdams at info@globalhealthcharities.